Organic Cotton- Making the Switch
We only provide clothing that is 100% organic cotton and we wanted to share why we think it’s important that everyone makes the switch. Switching to organically grown cotton is about supporting life: life in the soil, life in the ecosystem, life for the farmers, their families and surrounding communities.
The Problem with GM
- Key driver in farmer suicides by creating an inescapable debt cycle
- Contribute to soil acidity, a lack of crop rotation and cause harm to local ecosystems and water supplies.
- Require high levels of water consumption
So Why Go Organic?
- Farmers, their families and local communities are no longer exposed to harmful chemicals
- Regenerate life and biodiversity in the soil to benefit the health of our planet
- 91% water consumption saving, saving 523 litres for switching 1 cotton shirt to an organic one
- Always keep learning, things change and it’s so important to try to keep up to date and informed about how your purchasing decisions impact our planet
- Tell your friends and help to spread the word so that we can make positive changes together
- Support companies that use organic cotton
For the full facts, please visit http://aboutorganiccotton.org
Tags : Organic Cotton, Ethical Clothing, Sustainability, Conscious Living, Practices, Organic, Fairtrade, Vegan